“American Idol” TOP 13 FINALISTS REVEALED
10 FAVORITE PERFORMERS PICKED BY AMERICA AND
THREE MORE CHOSEN BY JUDGES AS WILD CARDS
Tune in the following night, Thursday, March 8 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), as America finds out who received enough votes to continue in the competition and who will be sent home. In addition, singing sensation Mary J. Blige takes the stage to perform and Season 10 runner-up Lauren Alaina returns to perform her Smash hit “Georgia Peach.”
The American Idol Season 11 Top 13 finalists are:
TOP 13 PERFORM SONGS BY Whitney HOUSTON AND STEVIE WONDER,
LIVE WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7;
RESULTS REVEALED ON THURSDAY, MARCH 8
Voting Continues Next Wednesday Immediately After the Top 13 Performance Show
Via Toll-Free Phone Lines, AT&T Text Messaging and Online at www.americanidol.com
Mary J. Blige and American Idol Alum Lauren Alaina to Perform
on Next Results Show Thursday, March 8, on FOX
Tonight in the first LIVE results show of the season, American Idol revealed the Top 13 finalists: DeAndre Brackensick, Hollie Cavanagh, Colton Dixon, Heejun Han, Jermaine Jones, Skylar Laine, Joshua Ledet, Shannon Magrane, Phillip Phillips, Jeremy Rosado, Jessica Sanchez, Elise Testone and Erika Van Pelt. America voted for the Top 10 and then in a dramatic wild card round, judges Randy Jackson, Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler chose Brackensick, Rosado and Van Pelt to continue in the competition
Next week, on an historic night Wednesday, March 7 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live /PT tape-delayed), American Idol celebrates its milestone 400th episode, when the Top 13 will be mentored by the legendary Mary J. Blige as the guys take on the music of Stevie Wonder and the ladies pay special tribute to Whitney Houston.
1. I love to skimboard at the beach.
2. I was an extra in the “Hannah Montana”
1. I love Hawaiian culture.
2. My two closest friends have the exact
same hair as me.
3. I make Polynesian costumes for a living.
1. I can do an impression of “Smeagol” from
“The Lord of the Rings” movies.
2. I can eat a whole cup of noodles in less
than 10 seconds.
3. I can predict a specific incident by
1. I love airplanes.
2. I love Chinese food.
3. I’m huggable.
1. I am double-jointed in my thumbs.
2. I love watching movies.
3. I can do an impression of “Mr. Herbert” on
1. I can rap.
2. I love video games.
1. I sing all the time – in school hallways, in
the shower, everywhere.
2. I can cross my eyes.
1. I’m addicted to spicy foods.
2. My favorite color is blue.
3. I’m scared of any horror movie with
zombies in it.
1. I have a great sense of humor.
2. I like to shop.
3. I like to dance.
Erika Van Pelt
1. I love all things “Star Wars.”
2. I secretly want to be a pirate.
3. When I’m stressed, I like to go to the
1. I drive a big truck.
2. My favorite college team is the Ole Miss
3. I have a small collection of knives.
1. I love old couples.
2. I play soccer.
1. I skateboard with my dog.
2. I can move my ears.
3. I can juggle
3. I have a shoe obsession
3. I love to rollerblade
3. I have more than 30 pairs of shoes
dreaming about it a couple of days before
3. I have a Bobblehead collection