ADS

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Daniel Vettori

Daniel Vettori
Date of Birth
27 January 1979, Auckland, New Zealand

Birth Name
Daniel Luca Vettori

Nickname
Lucas
Dannyboy
Luca

Height
6' 2½" (1.89 m)

Spouse
Mary O Carroll' (2007 - present) 1 child

Trivia
First language is English and second Italian.
Is of Italian descent.
Still visits his grandmother in Naples, Italy.
Has two siblings, Kimberly and Nicholas Vettori.
Parents, Robyn and Renzo Vettori.
Went to Marian Primary School and St. Pauls Collegiate Secondary School in Hamilton. He won a scholarship to study Health Sciences at Waikato University but had to put it on hold because of his cricket career.
Daniel was always captain of his soccer and cricket teams at school.
He can't wear contact lenses because of an accident when he was knocked off his bike.
His favorite music is Simon and Garfunkel, and Weezer, but in an interview said he enjoys 'all kinds of music really.'.
His favorite movie is 'Reservoir Dogs'. Enjoys TV sitcom 'Seinfeld'.
Other than cricket he enjoys soccer, golf and rugby. He's a Liverpool fan and also supports Australian professional rugby club, Parramatta Eels.
His first cricket equipment was a bat given to him as a Christmas present when he was seven or eight years old.
Was the youngest player ever to represent New Zealand in test cricket.
His father Renzo is Italian while his mother Robyn is a New Zealander.
He is the youngest spinner to get 100 wickets.
He found out about an hour before the test team was announced that he will debut as a test player in the 2nd Test vs England at Wellington in 1996/97 - and he was 'shocked'.
His all-time favorite cricket grounds are Lord's and Basin Reserve.
Son James with wife Mary O'Carroll,born 8 March 2009.

Personal Quotes
I'm mostly in my tees and jeans or shorts; New Zealand is a very casual kind of place. Consciously, I don't go all out for designer labels. I wear what I look good and feel comfortable in. - On his fashion style.
My theory on captaincy is that you lead with your performance, so I'm putting myself in those positions where I can give myself the most opportunity.
Being recognized in public and regularly in the public spotlight was not enjoyable at first. I try not to let it worry me.

No comments:

Post a Comment